Monday, April 5, 2010

Canvas

The body is a canvas,

Mind a vast blank parchment,

Thoughts and ideals imparted on us from infancy,

Begin to fill the pages of the empty scroll that is our memory,

As we begin to live for ourselves,

The calligraphy pen furiously inscribes,

Etches in time,

As we begin to ponder what in the beginning we were taught,

Form our own opinions,

Follow through on independent thoughts,

My body is a canvas to express who I have become,

The needle tears the skin,

And soon begins to fill,

Canvas which was once blank,

The artwork begins to form ideas that are my own,

Palette of colors begins to paint a picture,

An expression of who I am,

The body is a canvas to be displayed for all to see,

With the artists job now done,

In the expression of his talent,

He has also uncovered the freedom and creativity,

That is what I stand for,

That is the true me!

No comments:

Post a Comment