Monday, April 5, 2010

Tainted

I am one of many…

Battered and abused,

I have become,

Tainted,

After years of mistreatment and use,

With a heart so blackened and diseased,

Scars that run so deep they will never cauterize,

The only relief from pain in sight seems to be demise,

While the screaming inside becomes deafening,

And threatens to break free,

I realize I am damaged beyond repair,

And there may never be…

Any release from the rage,

Or any peace for me,

The vile blood that through these veins flows,

Is now so septic that it corrodes,

Washing away any trace of the once unbroken soul,

Can’t recall a time where I wasn’t bitter and jaded,

Or I didn’t feel weariness and wasted,

Longing for escape from the nothingness inside,

So numb from all these years,

Can’t recall the last time I felt enough to cry,

I am vile and venomous,

Toxic to all pure souls,

So baneful and lost,

That no one can behold,

I am weary and wasted,

Bitter and jaded,

To all living things I am toxic,

Sarcastic and caustic,

But I didn’t alone find my way into this hell,

After years of abuse, mistreatment and use,

I am corrupt, nearly broken…

Tainted.

No comments:

Post a Comment